Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So what IS for supper?

Some people think I'm a smidge over the top with meal planning and I'm okay with that....really I am. I have to say though having a plan in place when it comes to feeding my family is so freeing. It saves me from spending unnecessary money, it saves me from wandering aimlessly up and down the aisles waiting for "meal inspiration" to hit and it keeps me from missing that one crucial ingredient at 5 pm.

The first thing I do is comb my favorite stores' flyers and see what is on sale especially for things that we use often....coffee, cereal, laundry soap (unless you want to make your own...that will be another blog). Then I plan my meals for the week with the all-important leftovers night....we love leftovers in this house. I highlight the things I need to buy on my shopping list (Pete made me a list on the computer for each store I go to set up by aisle) gather my coupons and I'm good to go.

I'm sure a lot of you already have something like this in place and that's great, I'm glad it works for you too! If you dont...give it a whirl. 

 "You'll thank me later."  ~Monk

No comments:

Post a Comment